Monday, July 20, 2009

Frenzy

We all have those times where things are plugging along like normal, then the stars align and you pull off a feat worthy of the gods. I had my moment the other night, while defending Zimmeron’s Hold in Chaos Wastes. I was only there to waste time while waiting for scenarios to pop. While waiting, I was popping in and out of the keep door to damage the attackers then get back inside before dying.

After a while I ran up onto the wall to gain a better look at the attacking force. They had a full warband, perhaps a few more. While casting Pit of Shades on the attackers near the ram during a period of casual boredom, the Scenario finally popped. I knew I could run away and hope to get out of combat to be able to enter, but that always takes too long.

So I leapt off the wall and ran straight at the Order force. Luckily for me, my guild mate Gool was in the area healing me. The zerg was fairly clueless, with only a tank or two on the door, and the rest clumped together a little over 100 feet away. It was into this clump I ran, casting every spell I had. I silenced the largest cluster of casters I could find and disarmed a slayer.

They started dying by twos and threes when I popped Focused Mind and spammed Shattered Shadows. The crits were flying up all over, for 2.4k from SS and other various amounts from all the other spells I was frantically casting. For some reason, I kept killing them, and stayed alive with one lone Shaman on the walls healing me. After a well placed root and a few more AE attacks of various types, the majority of the warband was dead, and the rest were running.

By this time, some of the Destruction players from the Keep had joined in and helped me chase down the remaining few that had survived my one man onslaught. This was one of those times where I wish Fraps had been running. I must give credit where credit is due, a Shaman and I had wiped an entire Order warband.

No comments:

Post a Comment