Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Calm

For the first time in a long time I entered the world and there were no war drums to be heard. Damage Inc. seemed preoccupied with Lost Vale, and without them getting the gears rolling it seems ORVR picks up no momentum at all. I could perhaps lead a campaign again, but it's late and I'm only checking in on Macabre to douse the flames of drama, if there are any.

Interestingly, the scenarios are popping nonstop. This is either a vast conspiracy that went completely unnoticed by me, or more likely, is the natural next best thing when ORVR is stagnant. I check with the guild to see if any are interested, and we form a small party structured well to hurt healers from afar. They say nothing about the frequency of pops, so I assume there isn't a vast conspiracy, or they'd tell me to win kudos.

As the night stretches on, the scenario pops come less frequently until the resulting boredom in the interim prompts me to go search for some fun in contested zones. After a single flight path and a ten foot walk, a sea of swarming red names is spread out before me. With no action on the Destro side, it seems Order is chomping at the bit for some blind fools to stomp down the hill into their zerg and feed them RPs.

I figure I'll play with them for a bit and test my new spec. I bob and weave around the burdensome tanks that are always harrassing our back lines, trying to get a bead on the Archmages that are keeping them alive. I manage to get off a skill chain unnoticed, which is rare, and drop a poor sap standing on the edge of a rock blindly healing. Little victories such as that are why I keep playing the game. The true test is to take all the frustrating stuff in stride, and ignore it for the moment while waiting on the next small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment